Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wish I were there...

This weekend is the bachelorette party of the super fabulous Miss Laura Lindsey, and I, sadly, won't be there. Instead, I'm headed to DC for a conference. While I have no doubt that my conference will be fascinating, I do doubt that there will be copious amounts of alcohol involved, or bikini-clad bachelorettes frolicking in the sand...

So, Laura, I hope this will suffice - a blog post about how fabulous you are, how much I love you, and how excited I am that you're about to marry such a great guy. He's truly, truly lucky, and I can't wait to celebrate with y'all in just a few short weeks!

Laura and I met during rush her freshman year at Duke. I was a sophomore and had chosen to talk with her because she was from Texas and let's face it, we're just cool like that. Right away I knew that not only was this girl destined to be a Chi Omega, but my Lil Sis, too.

We had an amazing three years together at Duke - celebrating Tuesdays, fall break at Harvard, spring break in Padre, Myrtle Beach, Chi-O parties, 5-11/11-5!...the list goes on. But mostly we just found in one another a kindred spirit. We've stayed close since graduating, despite often living many states apart, and I couldn't be more thankful to have this girl in my life.

Laura was a beautiful bridesmaid in my wedding 3 years ago, and now I have the honor of being one of hers this summer. (Also, the dresses she chose for us? SO CUTE! They are bright apple green, and will look amazing against her ivory gown with bright summer flowers.) She is hands down the most mellow bride I've ever known, and I only hope I wasn't too Bridezilla for her by comparison.

She is marrying a truly super guy, someone who clearly knows how lucky he is to have this unique, incredible, passionate, brilliant, hilarious, beautiful, wonderful woman in his life. I'm so happy for both of them, because I know what a wonderful life they will have together. And they have an adorable dog.

Laura, I will miss being with you in Miami this weekend, so have a shot (or two) for me, and have an absolute blast. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Actually, do lots that I wouldn't do, it's your weekend!

I love you tons.

No comments: