So I was doing my usual morning routine of checking out the entertainment section of Huffington Post when I saw this headline: "Tori Spelling Reality Show a Surprise Ratings Hit." According to the article, Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood is a hit among women ages 18-49. Oh man, do I feel validated.
I don't watch reality TV. I've never seen The Bachelor, or American Idol, or Survivor, or any of those silly shows. But I have to admit that I am fascinated by Tori and Dean. I started watching when they moved to Fallbrook to open their B&B; I followed every second of her first pregnancy, and now her second; and I'm loving the whole house hunt they're doing now. Before this show I had very little regard for Tori Spelling, and thought I would watch the show much as one watches a train wreck. And now I have such affection for her! I mean, she may be Tori Spelling, but she's just like me! Ok, maybe not just like me, but she is much more normal that I had expected. She has her insecurities just like the rest of us. She struggles to be a good wife and mother. In short, she's human.
And it turns out I'm not alone. So there you go, I've admitted to one seriously guilty pleasure, and I feel pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment